Health, Food & Recipe!
Health and food...what we put in our mouth nourishes our body, mind and soul. The eye also wants a piece of the cake: colourful food will give you tremendous joy! The kitchen and its stove take care of the health of a family. That is why we take utmost care with placement of the oven in a house during a Feng Shui planning.Since long, our family-life revolves around health, keeping the body fit, intake of food and enjoyment while eating: table setting, candles, flowers and so on. In particular, we eat fresh food every single day: no compromise!And we take joy in making our own pasta, sauces, soups, salads, cakes, tart and many more. Especially during the festive times, like Xmas, New Year and birthdays, we spend many hours in the kitchen and indulge in our cooking & baking results.What is the energetic Qi power of food?Everything that you put into your mouth has energetic powers and prolongs or shortens you life....shortens you say? Yes...for instance substances, that are like (chemical) poison to the body: alcohol, drugs, medication, if taken for long times. The liver, who cleans the blood has especially a hard time to work on these mainly man-made products. We all know its not good for the body, but we take it anyway!Well, sometimes it is fine, but do not constantly abuse your body, is my personal lesson over all these years. After the sin, get quickly back to what Mother Nature provides us with, on a daily basis! She does everything in her power to nourish your body, mind and soul, and offers us a variety of fresh foods.Recipe for fresh figs & blueberries tart!For this typical fruit tart, I have the following recipe for you (special request of my FB friends). It was made with figs and blue berries, however, you can use any fresh fruit: apricots, red fruits like strawberries & raspberries, gooseberries, cherries, prunes or apples. Our wonderful garden has many of these available in the season.What about figs and blueberries?
- Both these fruits are part of the Earth element.
- Blueberries holds essences and keeps juices and its target organs are stomach and bladder.
- Figs moisturises the lungs and colon and its target organs are spleen, stomach, lung and large intestine.
Ingredients for the tart!
- 1 package of (gluten free) puff pastry, diameter 32 cm.
- some tablespoons of blueberry jam (adapt to the fruits that you use!)
- some tablespoons of almond flour, almond shavings or hazelnuts (optional ingredient)
- about 10-15 fresh figs
- about 500 grams blueberries
- 100 ml of almond milk
- 100 ml of cream (yes, our body needs some fat from time to time)
- 2/3 eggs
- vanilla sugar (optional ingredient)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cornflour
- take allergies into account: some people have problems with nuts
- preheat the oven at 220 degrees
- spread the puff pastry with the baking paper in a (fluted) tart pan.
- cut the paper in the form of the tart pan, so its not sticking out
- pierce the whole pastry with a fork
- spread a thin layer of jam on the pastry
- spread a thin layer of almonds (flour or shavings) on the jam
- cut the top and bottom of your figs and cut them in six parts
- clean all fruits with water
- arrange the figs and blueberries to your liking and push them a bit into the pastry
- be creative! As the eye eats with...
- mix the almond milk, cream, eggs, vanilla sugar, cornflour and whip it for some minutes in a bowl
- then pour the mixed liquid over the fruits, starting from the middle of the tart.
- it will spread all over the tart
- put your tart in the oven for 35/40 minutes on 200 degrees
- check your tart regularly, some ovens have different heat
- when it is nice and brown, the top hardened, and if it is to your liking, take it out of the oven
- let it cool down a bit (mostly the tart is attacked quickly)
- optional: serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream to your liking and enjoy!
- the ready product:
Remember...freshly prepared food always gives positive vibes!Sending healthy Qi, Henriette Photo credit: HD - homemade figs & blueberries tart